seplpkg (SEP Linux Packager tool)
Utility for creating a full installable package for Linux for a given Symantec Endpoint Protection Linux agent.
The seplpkg tool makes it easy to create an full or offline LinuxInstaller package for a given platform or for all Linux distros.
This tool currently runs on Linux and Windows.
The following use case scenarios are supported:
- List latest agent packages for SEP Linux
- Download packages and create a full SEP Linux Installer for an unmanaged SEPM all platforms, which can be installed behind a firewall.
- Download packages and create a full SEP Linux Installer given a Cloud or SEPM Linux Installer stub on all platforms, which can be installed behind a firewall.
For a general overview of seplpkg commands, run
# seplpkg [required_args] [optional_args] [cmd] Commands: ls|list List latest available packges dl|download Generate an installer for an unmanaged SEPM agent. rp|repackage <LinuxInstaller> Requires Linux Installer stub downloaded from SEPM or Cloud management server Required arguments: --platform Specify Linux platform/distro (see Product and Platforms section below). In addition, a list can be provided seperated by space with double quotes, or "all" to select all supported platforms. (Ex: --platform "rhel7 rhel8" or --platform all) Optional arguments: --product Specify SEP Linux product (i.e. 14.3ru3, 14.3ru4, 14.3ru5) By default the latest release is selected (14.3ru5) --outdir Specify an output directory. By default the output directory "SEPLPackage" is created in the current working directory. --verbose Verbose messages --version Print version and exit --help Show the help
Products and Platforms
Note: The platform and product names are matched case insensitive.
Available SEP Product Releases
- 14.3ru3 (aka "sep14.3ru3", "14.3ru3", "ru3")
- 14.3ru4 (aka "sep14.3ru4", "14.3ru4", "ru4")
- 14.3ru5 (aka "sep14.3ru5", "14.3ru5", "ru5")
- amazonlinux2 (aka "amzn2")
- debian9 (aka "deb9")
- debian10 (aka "deb10")
- rhel6 (aka "el6", "redhat6", "centos6")
- rhel7 (aka "el7", "redhat7", "centos7")
- rhel8 (aka "el8", "redhat8", "rocky8")
- rhel9 (aka "el9", "redhat9", "rocky9")
- sles12 (aka "suse12", "sle12")
- sles15 (aka "suse15", "sle15")
- ubuntu14 (aka "ub14")
- ubuntu16 (aka "ub16")
- ubuntu18 (aka "ub18")
- ubuntu20 (aka "ub20")
List all the package versions available for 14.3RU4:
seplpkg --platform all --product 14.3ru5 ls
Create an unmanaged 14.3ru4 package for RHEL7 and RHEL8:
seplpkg --platform "rhel7 rhel8" --product 14.3ru5 dl
After downloading the LinuxInstaller stub from SEP Management server or Cloud Management server, create a fully installable package for Ubuntu 14, 16, 18 and 20 (i.e. repackage):
seplpkg --platform "ub14 ub16 ub18 ub20" --product RU5 repackage ./LinuxInstaller
Create an unmanaged SEP 14.3ru5 client package for RHEL9:
seplpkg --platform rhel9 --product 14.3ru5 download
Import the sylink.xml post installtion to enroll and be managed by the SEPM
/opt/Symantec/sdcssagent/AMD/tools/sav manage -i sylink.xml